- Dogs 7 months and up (over 30 lbs.) spayed/neutered -$100.00
- Puppies 6 months and under that are already spayed/neutered -$150.00
- There are times when we do pull specialty breeds such as purebred American Bully, English Bulldog, French Bulldog etc. and their adoption fee will be higher.
- We accept payments in the form of credit card, cash and checks. For all returned checks we charge a fee of $38.00.
- Every penny of an adoption fee goes towards the dogs’ medical expenses. In fact, in almost all cases, the adoption fee falls far short of the actual medical expenses spent on the dogs. We rely on public donations we receive.
- Adoption fees are used to cover the cost of medical treatments incurred while the dog is in the possession of Don’t BULLY Me Rescue prior to adoption. We may pull a dog from a shelter that is healthy and we may only have to spend a small amount of money to have that dog ready for adoption. In that case, the profit from that dog’s adoption fee is applied to the vetting costs of the many other dogs who are not so fortunate. There are times the adoption fee for a dog that is not healthy starts as low as $100 when it could easily cost Don’t BULLY Me Rescue as much as $2,000 or more to vet this dog depending on the medical issues.
Important Notes for Dog/Puppy Adoptions
- We do NOT allow invisible fences.
- The dog/puppy is NOT allowed to be tied or chained out for any reason.
- The dog/puppy is NOT allowed to run loose for any reason.
Note: You must be at least 20 years old to adopt. If you are renting we will require speaking with your landlord and getting a written document stating you are allowed to have pit bulls where you are renting.
Timeframe: It normally takes 1 to 2 weeks for Don’t BULLY Me Rescue to process an adoption application—depending in part upon the availability of our volunteers and how quickly we can contact your references, landlord, etc. Applications that are selected will go through all of the necessary checks to ensure a proper home. Please make sure that ALL required fields are complete—missing fields can slow down the application process. Applications that are submitted electronically will receive an email confirmation of receipt at the address specified in the application.
Step 1: Complete and submit the Adoption Application. Filling out the adoption application is not a commitment to adopt; it is simply the first step in the process. You may fill out the adoption application online or download the PDF version, fill it out, and return it to Don’t BULLY Me Rescue. You can also contact us by email.
Step 2: Be interviewed by an Adoption Counselor. Our adoption counselors are well trained and are required to ask for detailed information about the potential living arrangements for our animals.
Step 3: Meet the dogs to find a good match for you and your lifestyle.
Step 4: The Application Review Committee will process your application. Don’t BULLY Me Rescue is not able to accept every application for adoption and reserves the right to reject an application. Applications are PROCESSED on a first come first serve basis but are APPROVED based on which application is the best match for the animal. We do perform a vet check and a reference check. For the vet we are looking to make sure all animals are current on their vaccinations, rabies, on a monthly heartworm preventative and spayed or neutered. If this passes we will schedule a home visit. We have set guidelines for application acceptance and realize that your opinion may differ from ours. Thank you for your understanding.
Step 5: If your Adoption Application is approved, you will fill out an Adoption Contract and other important documents. The Contract is a legally-binding document that spells out your responsibilities as the owner of the pet you are adopting. In addition, the Contract provides you with a record of the medical care that our rescue provided for the animal.